What is a Sexually Transmitted Disease?
A STD is any disease that can be spread through sexual contact.
What are Common Symptoms of STD's?
1. Bumps, sores, or warts near the mouth, anus, penis, or vagina.
2. Swelling or redness near the penis or vagina.
3. Skin rash.
4. Painful urination.
5. Weight loss, loose stools, night sweats.
6. Aches, pains, fever, and chills.
7. Yellowing of the skin (jaundice).
8. Discharge from the penis or vagina. Vaginal discharge may have an odor.
9. Bleeding from the vagina other than during a monthly period.
10. Painful sex.
11. Severe itching near the penis or vagina.
What is the HPV Vaccine?
The HPV Vaccine protects against certain strains of the Human Papillomavirus that are linked to cervical cancer. It is recommended that girls ages 11-26 and boys ages 11-21 be administered the vaccine. The full vaccine is three injections administered over a 6 month period.